BANK OF AFRICA CSR PILLARS
Corporate Social Responsibility at BANK OF AFRICA – KENYA is more than an initiative, it is our way of doing business. The bank has put in place three pillars of focus:
The Angaza Kifafa Caravan is an initiative by BANK OF AFRICA – KENYA in partnership with The National Epilepsy Committee Council (NECC). The aim of the caravan is to create awareness on epilepsy with the message that Epilepsy is Manageable. The caravan has reached over 5.5 million people in 16 counties in the 5 years it has been in existence.
Epilepsy is the most common neurological disorder in Kenya and the 4th in the world.
Angaza Kifafa milestones:
- Visited 16 counties (Uasin Gishu, Machakos, Nakuru, Nyeri, Nairobi, Meru, Taita Taveta, Embu, Kitui, Kajiado, Kakamega, Kisumu, Kericho, Mombasa and Kisii, Homabay) in 5 years reaching over 5.5 million Kenyans
- Over 202 schools reached
- 16 churches reached
- More than 900 community health volunteers and medical practitioners have been trained to handle Epilepsy cases
- Persons living with Epilepsy have been able to be issued with NHIF cards in several counties.
- As a result, 1200 people in counties have been able to receive medical attention
- Epilepsy clinics and treatments have been established in Kisumu county, Uasin Gishu County and Kakamega county,
- BOA- Kenya staff raised the Angaza kifafa- Bank Of Africa flag on Mt. Kenya in support of Epilepsy Awareness
Under the Education Pillar, the Bank the bank has partnered with Education for All Children (EFAC) and Lewa Wildlife Conservancy (LEWA) in sponsoring students through four years of their tertiary education.
The Bank’s key role is to provide education to needy brilliant students with the opportunity to get an education as they are the future leaders of this country.
Under the pillar of sports and culture, the bank sponsors the BOA Vikings Ladies Hockey club, We also have sponsorship for upcoming artists like Lumumba Esuchi